Applications are being accepted for volunteer fire fighters for the Sasamat Volunteer Fire Department. SVFD expectations include:
- Minimum attendance for practices and call-outs;
- Day or night availability;
- First aid training;
- Driver training including air brake endorsements;
- Supplementary weekend or evening specialized training.
Preferred applicants will have the following minimum qualifications:
- Over 19 years of age;
- A resident of either Anmore or Belcarra;
- A valid class 5 drivers licence;
- Fitness to perform volunteer fire fighting duties
(requires a letter from a medical practitioner).
How To Apply
Application forms can be picked-up at the Belcarra Municipal Hall at 4084 Bedwell Bay Road, or by telephoning the Village Office at (604) 937-4100 and requesting an application form be faxed to you.
You can also download an application form and fax-back the completed form to SVFD Fire Chief Larry Scott at (604) 939-5034:SVFD Volunteer Fire Fighter Application Form (140 Kb)
If you have any questions about becoming a Volunteer Fire Fighter, contact SVFD Fire Chief Larry Scott at Tel: 604-937-4100, Fax: 604-939-5034, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the Belcarra Village Office from Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 4:00 pm:
Belcarra Municipal Hall
4084 Bedwell Bay Road
Belcarra, BCV3H 4P8